Céad Míle Fáilte
A lot of us claim Irish heritage, but even if you don’t, the Commodore Barry Arts and Cultural Center opens its arms to you. Let us share our vibrant culture and take advantage of our many facilities—including our spacious and elegant ballroom. And join in the exciting activities sponsored by the many groups and organizations that make the Center their home.
No matter who you are, no matter where your people hail from, as they say in the Irish language: Céad míle fáilte—a hundred thousand welcomes.
2022 President’s Letter
Please take a moment to read our annual communication from the Irish Center’s board president, Sean McMenamin.
There is always something happening here at the Irish Center!
Continue scrolling for information about upcoming Irish Center-hosted events, Philadelphia Ceili Group events, as well as events sponsored by various organizations.
MLK Day of Service: Thank you to our volunteers who spent the day working here at the Irish Center! Visit our Facebook page for photos.
• Sunday, February 5th: Bloody Sunday Remembrance Mass, hosted by the Derry Society, 3.00 pm. Food for purchase after Mass (please note change of date!)
• Sunday, March 5th: Next Generation & Ceili Og (please note the change of date for the month of March only)
• Sunday, March 12th: St. Patrick’s Day Parade After Party, 3 – 8.00 pm, family-friendly, live music by Stall the Digger (3 – 7 pm), kids’ activities, food for purchase. All are welcome!
• Friday, March 17th: St. Patrick’s Day Ceili hosted by the Philadelphia Ceili Group
• Saturday, March 18th: Dervish Concert, presented by the Philadelphia Ceili Group & Irish Center, 8.00 pm, click HERE for tickets
• Sunday, March 19th: Bingo Loco, in association with Young Irelands GFC, Click HERE for details and tickets
• Saturday, April 22nd: Derry Society Spring Social
• Dedication of Irish Center Library – New date to be announced
***IMPORTANT: Refunds will not be distributed unless the Irish Center must cancel the event***
• 3rd Wednesday: Senior Lunch hosted by the Irish Center
– All are welcome; 12.00 – 2.00 pm
2023 – February 15 – March 15 – April 19 – May 17 – June 21 – July 19
– August 16 – September 20 – October 18 – November 15 – December 20
*Events Co-Sponsored by the Philadelphia Ceili Group & the Irish Center:
* 1st Friday: Traditional Irish Music Session with Ceili Dance Instruction
– FREE, All are welcome; Starting at 8 pm; Sponsored by Hollis Payer & Philadelphia Ceili Group
– One hour of Ceili Dance instruction with Bobby Graham (FREE); 8 – 9 pm
* 2nd Thursday: Singers’ Session
– All songs welcome; 7.30 pm; Free
• 2nd Friday: Set Dancing
– Hosted in the Fireside Room
• 2nd Sunday: Traditional Irish Music Session
– Sponsored by Next Generation
* 2nd Sunday: Ceili Og, for the young and young at heart
– 3 – 5 pm; Free (please note, Ceili Og will not be held in July, August or September)
• 3rd Sunday: Society Meetings; Philadelphia Ceili Group Meeting
– 3 – 5 pm; Free
-Set Dancing (Fireside Room)
-Emerald Pipers (Ballroom)
-Fiddle Lessons (Dining Room)
• Thursdays: Jazz Night
Join us on Thursdays from 6.00 – 11.00 pm for live jazz in the Fireside Room; Pizza and bar menu are available.
Top 100 Influential Irish Women
Congratulations and THANK YOU to the top 100 Irish Women who were honored here at the Irish Center on October 2nd! What a wonderful day it was here at the Center celebrating women of all ages who have shared their time, energy, and love with the Irish Community. To view photos, please visit IrishPhiladelphia.com or our Facebook page.
2022 Delaware Valley Irish Hall of Fame
Congratulations to our 2022 honorees!
- Lisa Maloney
- Patrick Eiding
- Donahue Family
Special Award: AOH/LAOH Division 25
Support the Irish Center
To make a tax-deductible donation to the Irish Center, please click HERE to make a donation via PayPal.
Connect with the Irish Center on social media
Thank you to our Supporters!