Céad Míle Fáilte
A lot of us claim Irish heritage, but even if you don’t, the Commodore Barry Arts and Cultural Center opens its arms to you. Let us share our vibrant culture and take advantage of our many facilities—including our spacious and elegant ballroom. And join in the exciting activities sponsored by the many groups and organizations that make the Center their home.
No matter who you are, no matter where your people hail from, as they say in the Irish language: Céad míle fáilte—a hundred thousand welcomes.
2023 President’s Letter: Please take a moment to read our annual communication from the Irish Center’s board president, Sean McMenamin.
Media Coverage: How Philadelphia’s Irish Community Came Together to Save the Irish Center
There is always something happening here at the Irish Center! Continue scrolling for information about upcoming Irish Center-hosted events, Philadelphia Ceili Group events, as well as events sponsored by various organizations.
• June: Art Exhibit featuring Jean Broden (Philadelphia-themed scenes)
• Saturday, June 10th: Satharn na nGael, a day of immersion in the Irish Language and Culture. Click HERE for more information.
• Sunday, June 11th: Irish Storybook Hour in the Library for children ages 3 – 7 starting at 2.30 pm; Next Generation, a group of young traditional Irish musicians, will hold their session starting at 1 PM with a party afterwards to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the project. At 3 PM, the Ceili Og will host a dance for all ages with instruction.
• Saturday, June 17th: Philadelphia Irish Golf Charities Benefit for Pat Kildea; Click HERE for more information
• Wednesday, June 21st: Paul Byrom Concert. Click HERE for tickets
• Friday, July 14th: Colm & Laura Keegan Concert. Click HERE for tickets
• Friday, August 25th: Duffy’s Cut Fundraiser – more details coming soon!
• Sunday, September 10th: Commodore John Barry Commemorative Mass, 10:00 AM at Old St. Mary’s Church. A commemorative ceremony following the Mass will take place at Commodore Barry’s gravesite.
• Sunday, September 17th: Half-Way to St. Patrick’s Day! Green Road Concert, 7.30 pm; Click HERE for tickets
• Sunday, October 1st: Hunger Striker Commemoration Mass
• Friday, October 6th: First Friday and Children’s Art Show
• October 12th – 14th: Philadelphia Ceili Group Festival
• Sunday, October 15th: Community Flea Market
• Friday, November 3rd: First Friday and Art Exhibit by Philadelphia artist John McGarvey
• Saturday, November 4th: Mayo Association Annual Ball
• Sunday, November 12th: Delaware Valley Irish Hall of Fame
• Saturday, December 2nd: Donegal Association Annual Ball
• Friday, December 8th: Christmas Show with Chloe Agnew
• Saturday, January 20th: Cornhole Tournament – more details coming!
• Sunday, January 21st: Irish Center Open House, 2 – 5 pm
• Sunday, January 28th: Bloody Sunday Remembrance Mass
• Sunday, February 4th: St. Brigid’s Day Tea, co-sponsored by the Irish American Business Chamber & Network
• Saturday, April 20, 2024: 32 County Gala – more details coming!
***IMPORTANT: Refunds will not be distributed unless the Irish Center must cancel the event***
• 3rd Wednesday: Senior Lunch hosted by the Irish Center
– All are welcome; 12.00 – 2.00 pm
2023 – June 21 – July 19 – August 16
– September 20 – October 18 – November 15 – December 20
*Events Co-Sponsored by the Philadelphia Ceili Group & the Irish Center:
* 1st Friday: Traditional Irish Music Session with Ceili Dance Instruction
– FREE, All are welcome; Starting at 8 pm; Sponsored by Hollis Payer & Philadelphia Ceili Group
– One hour of Ceili Dance instruction with Bobby Graham (FREE); 8 – 9 pm
* 2nd Thursday: Singers’ Session
– All songs welcome; 7.30 pm; Free
• 2nd Friday: Set Dancing
– Hosted in the Fireside Room
• 2nd Sunday: Traditional Irish Music Session
– Sponsored by Next Generation
* 2nd Sunday: Ceili Og, for the young and young at heart
– 3 – 5 pm; Free (please note, Ceili Og will not be held in July, August or September)
• 3rd Sunday: Society Meetings; Philadelphia Ceili Group Meeting
– 3 – 5 pm; Free
-Set Dancing (Fireside Room)
-Emerald Pipers (Ballroom)
-Fiddle Lessons (Dining Room)
• Thursdays: Jazz Night
Join us on Thursdays from 6.00 – 11.00 pm for live jazz in the Fireside Room; Pizza and bar menu are available.
Delaware Valley Irish Hall of Fame
Congratulations to our 2022 honorees!
- Lisa Maloney
- Patrick Eiding
- Donahue Family
Special Award: AOH/LAOH Division 25
Support the Irish Center
To make a tax-deductible donation to the Irish Center, please click HERE to make a donation via PayPal.
Connect with the Irish Center on social media
Thank you to our Supporters!