Céad Míle Fáilte
A lot of us claim Irish heritage, but even if you don’t, the Commodore Barry Arts and Cultural Center opens its arms to you. Let us share our vibrant culture and take advantage of our many facilities—including our spacious and elegant ballroom. And join in the exciting activities sponsored by the many groups and organizations that make the Center their home.
No matter who you are, no matter where your people hail from, as they say in the Irish language: Céad míle fáilte—a hundred thousand welcomes.
2022 President’s Letter
Please take a moment to read our annual communication from the Irish Center’s board president, Sean McMenamin.
Be sure to stop by the Irish Center this month to check out our latest art exhibit by a local high school student.
Call for Submissions: Irish Life Then and Now, For the Camera
Click HERE for details on our next photographic exhibit, to open on September 17, 2022.
There is always something happening here at the Irish Center!
Continue scrolling for information about upcoming Irish Center-hosted events, Philadelphia Ceili Group events, as well as events sponsored by various organizations.
• Sunday, August 21st: Our Lady of Knock Mass, sponsored by the Mayo Association of Philadelphia
• Friday, August 26th: Philomena Begley in Concert; Click HERE to purchase tickets.
• September 8th, 9th & 10th: Philadelphia Ceili Group Festival; Click HERE to purchase tickets.
• Saturday, September 17th: Photo Exhibition Opening: Irish Life, Then and Now, for the Camera; Click HERE for details on how to submit a photo.
• Saturday, October 22nd: Tyrone Society Bingo Night
• Tuesday, November 1st: Damian McGinty Concert; Click HERE to purchase tickets.
• Saturday, November 5th: 116th Philadelphia Mayo Ball
• Sunday, November 13th: Delaware Valley Irish Hall of Fame; Click HERE to purchase tickets.
• Saturday, December 3rd: Donegal Association of Philadelphia Annual Ball
• Dedication of Irish Center Library – New date to be announced
• 3rd Wednesday: Senior Lunch hosted by the Irish Center
– All are welcome; 12.00 – 2.00 pm
– August 17 – September 21
– October 19 – November 16 – December 21
*Events Co-Sponsored by the Philadelphia Ceili Group & the Irish Center:
* 1st Friday: Traditional Irish Music Session with Ceili Dance Instruction
– FREE, All are welcome; Starting at 8 pm; Sponsored by Hollis Payer & Philadelphia Ceili Group
– One hour of Ceili Dance instruction with Bobby Graham; 8 – 9 pm
* 2nd Thursday: Singers’ Session
– All songs welcome; 7.30 pm; Free
• 2nd Friday: Set Dancing
– Hosted in the Fireside Room
• 2nd Sunday: Traditional Irish Music Session
– Sponsored by Next Generation
* 2nd Sunday: Ceili Og, for the young and young at heart
– 3 – 5 pm; Free (please note, Ceili Og will not be held in July, August or September)
• 4th Friday: Ceili
– Starting at 8 pm; $10 at the door
• 3rd Sunday: Society Meetings; Philadelphia Ceili Group Meeting
– 3 – 5 pm; Free
-Set Dancing (Fireside Room)
-Emerald Pipers (Ballroom)
-Fiddle Lessons (Dining Room)
• Thursdays: Jazz Night
Join us on Thursdays from 6.00 – 11.00 pm for live jazz in the Fireside Room; Pizza and bar menu are available.
Support the Irish Center
To make a tax-deductible donation to the Irish Center, please click HERE to make a donation via PayPal.
Connect with the Irish Center on social media
Thank you to our Supporters!